Plan C Medical Abortion An unplanned pregnancy can give rise to tensions and fear. But you can easily terminate it with pills. The medical abortion method for pregnancy is also known as Plan C. Just like how Plan B works as an emergency contraceptive to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse, the abortion pill does the opposite – it removes pregnancy after you conceive. At many times, birth control may fail, and this is the moment for Plan C to come to the rescue.
Here, you have to use a combination of medicines Mifepristone and Misoprostol step-by-step to evacuate the uterus. The pills work by stopping the production of progesterone hormone and shedding the uterine lining to dispel the fetus from the placenta. Once the source of nutrition stops in the embryo, it starts to break away. But the contents remain in the uterus till the action of the Mifepristone pill.
It is only after the administration of Misoprostol that the uterine contractions kick in and the pregnancy portions begin to exit from the vagina through vaginal bleeding. There are a series of experiences that will follow. But the pills are 87% safe and effective to cause expulsion of pregnancy in a matter of few days to two weeks. Here is what you must know more about Plan C abortion:
Plan C – The Abortion Pill Effects
You can procure Plan C from an online abortion pill provider on prescription only. It is important to understand how abortion pills will cause changes in the body to stay prepared with essentials for the smooth running of the pregnancy termination procedure:
- As the medicines push out the pregnancy remains in the uterus, and the cramping happens, you may encounter abdominal pain. For some, the cramps are stronger and much more severe than menstrual cramps.
- You must not mistake vaginal bleeding for menses. It is the breaking of pregnancy parts and uterus lining that occurs because of medicine intake and reduces over time as the womb gets empty.
- Arrange emergency transport to the nearest healthcare center before getting the pills to end the pregnancy. Because this will come for assistance in case of any sudden need during the procedure.
- Taking Mifepristone and Misoprostol abortion kit may lead to common side effects such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headache, backache, lower abdomen pain, diarrhea, etc. But these effects only last for a few hours when the medicine activity is at its peak.
- Bleeding is heavier than menses and can linger for a few weeks. In the first two to three days, the bleeding is more. Then it recedes, eventually ending within 4 to 8 weeks. After which, you will get back to the regular menstrual cycle.
How to Start with the Plan C Medication Abortion?
Several trusted online abortion resources convey that Misoprostol alone is not that effective in ending a pregnancy as 5 out of 100 women may still experience an incomplete medical abortion compared to Mifepristone and Misoprostol treatment, where the risk of failure is for 2 women out of 100. So below, we will talk about how to administer both of these medicines one after the other:
- Mifepristone: Take the anti-progesterone pill of 200mg with water orally. Do this on day 1 and take rest or follow a daily routine but devoid of any straining activity physically. Also, do not drink alcohol, grapefruit juice, or use intoxicating substances.
- Misoprostol: You need 4 pills of this prostaglandin E1 analog medication of 200mcg strength each. All the pills have to be taken on day 2 or 3 of abortion. You can administer the medicines buccally by keeping two pills each under the tongue or in the cheek cavity for 30 minutes before consuming the melted contents. Or put the pills inside the vagina one by one and lay down for 30 minutes.
- Misoprostol Only: If you go with Misoprostol only procedure, then you need 12 pills. Repeat the buccal or vaginal administration method for a set of 4 pills at an interval of 3 hours each. Talk to your healthcare provider to know how many of these pills you will require if you do not use Mifepristone. Because the number of tabs will also depend on how further you are into pregnancy.
You can take care of the pain with a heating pad, hot water bag application, or painkillers. The pills rarely cause complications such as infections, sepsis, anemia, etc. But these do not happen to everyone. This is why it is important to discuss your medical history with a physician to understand how well the medicine will suit you.
How Safe and Beneficial It is to Use Plan C?
Plan C abortion is one of the safest ways to end an early pregnancy. But it may not work for all. For instance, those allergic to pregnancy termination pills or with liver/heart/kidney issues cannot use the medication method. The pills are not for women with an IUD inserted, on blood thinners, inherited porphyria, or ectopic pregnancy. It may also not suit those with severe asthma, uncontrollable blood pressure, and other serious issues as advised by your physician.
The Plan C pills are interactions with long-term corticosteroids, rifampicin, St. John’s Wort, Carbamazepine, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, and more. But still, the pill method has several advantages as mentioned below:
- You can take the pills at home in privacy and comfort. The experience is like a natural miscarriage, and Plan C pills are accessible on the internet within a few clicks.
- There is no need to use instruments or invasive methods to bring the pregnancy to an end.
- Medical abortion is cost-effective considering you save on expenses for travel to the clinic, hospitalization charges, fees of the physician, etc.
- You have complete control over your body and free reach to reproductive care without having to depend on someone.
Plan C abortion pills are effective in early gestation of up to 56 days or 8 weeks into pregnancy. You can utilize it to manage an unplanned early pregnancy and avail yourself of the online abortion pills on the internet from your desired abortion provider.